- Creating Music – Enjoy this creative music environment, where you can compose music, play with musical performance, and play music games and puzzles.
- All About Music – Investigate different genres of music, explore the history of music, learn to read music, and more.
- Artopia Music– Meet a musician, be a music critic, explore the music studio, and more at this fun, interactive site all about music.
- Making Music Fun! – Discover a wide variety of games and music to teach you all about music.
- Music Notes: An Interactive Online Musical Experience – Explore a variety of activities to enhance your knowledge and understanding of music.
- Play Music – Explore this engaging site to learn more about instruments by playing games, viewing animations, listening to audio, and exploring other interactive aspects of the site.
- NPR Music – Explore a variety of music through features, streams, live concerts, and music news.
- Juice Bottle Jingles – Learn to play a few simple songs on bottles; science and music in one!
- Quia Music – Test your music knowledge with quizzes, matches, games, and other activities.
- Schoolhouse Rock Lyrics – Learn about a variety of academic subjects by exploring Schoolhouse Rock songs here and then viewing the accompanying video on YouTube.
- Schoolhouse Rock Grammar Rock Clips and Lyrics – Enjoy (truly!) learning grammar with these catchy tunes!
- Fun Brain: The Piano Player – Join Pianomus Platypus in the game where you read music.
- Button Beats: Make Music – Mix and match music samples to make music or create your own piano composition with this virtual piano.
- SF Kids: Fun with Music – Explore this interactive site, where you can experiment with the sights and sounds of music.
- The New York Philharmonic KidsZone – Learn about different instruments,own orchestra, and meet famous composers and musicians.
- Arts Alive Music – Enjoy this learning-filled music site to learn all about orchestral music, the National Arts Centre Orchestra , its musicians and friends, great composers, conductors, and even more.
- Sphinx Kids! Classical Music Interactive Learning & Games – Learn about classical instruments, composers, and even create your own rhythm band!
- DSO Kids – Play Beethoven’s Baseball and other games, make your own instruments, listen to music by composer, and see the orchestra’s seating chart.
- Classics for Kids – See classical music’s great composers come to life through music, games, and stories.
- Classical Music Homework Spot – Discover links to quality classical music sites.
- From the Top – Learn about young classical musicians by seeing them play, hearing them speak, and reading about them.
Jazz, World, Pop, and Hip Hop
- Nicky the Jazz Cat – Enjoy a jazz journey with Nicky, the jazz cat, to meet some cool cats of jazz, explore jazz music, determine if you are a cool cat, and discover your jazz nickname.
- Jazz for Kids – Discover jazz music by exploring a timeline of jazz history, discovering information about some of its greatest musicians, and making your own music feature at the Improvisation Station.
- Jazz for Young People – Discover cool, fun lessons on improvisation and Louis Armstrong, straight from jazz great Wynton Marsalis himself; watch films, see pictures, and hear the music of Mr. Armstrong here.
- Jazz Kids – Learn about jazz and how to improvise with interactive audio, video, games, and free piano lessons.
- Sprocket Works – Explore this magical music education site to learn everything you ever wanted to learn about music, plus enjoy games and more!
- World Music with DARIA– Meet a wonderful children’s performer who has traveled the globe to share music and learn about world music by exploring culture, listening to songs, and building your own world music instruments (such as cajónes – box drums, didgeridoos, shekeres, pow-wow drums, or guiros).
- Music – FactMonster: First Stop for Pop – Investigate American popular music, discovering the history, exploring a glossary,learning about top-selling records of all time, visiting the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame, and more.
- Hip Hop To Da Head – Drop that beat with Full Circle Soul through this performance, which explores the Hip Hop dance and music movement including beat boxing, breaking, locking, floor work and top rock.
- Teoria Music Theory Web – Explore this gateway to music theory.
- Music Theory – Explore quality theory tutorials that feature interactive identification and ear training drills in note reading, key signatures, intervals, and triads.
- Gary Ewers Easy Music Theory – Complete twenty-six free music theory lessons (which include some audio examples) and printable quizzes.
- Good Ear – Train your musical ear with this site’s ear training and learn some theory skills, too.