Biography/Autobiography Book Project
Due Wednesday, October 1st
For your first book project, you will be reading an autobiography or a biography of a person of your choice. Please be sure to have your book approved by Ms. M.
In addition to writing a critique, which includes the title of your book, the author, the number of pages, a brief summary, a rating from one to five stars, and an explanation for your rating, you will be designing a t-shirt. To design your t-shirt, you will need a real t-shirt of any size, a pencil, and permanent markers or fabric markers. The t-shirt should be a light color for best results. It is a good idea to do all of your work in pencil first so that you can make any desired changes. Once you have your t-shirt looking the way you want it to look and once you have included all of the necessary information, be sure to go over your drawing and words in permanent or fabric markers. Another important tip for creating a neat finished t-shirt is to place a piece of cardboard between the front and the back of the shirt when you are using markers or paint on the t-shirt. This will prevent the ink or paint from seeping through to another section of the t-shirt.Below are step-by-step instructions for designing your t-shirt:
- Along the bottom hem of the t-shirt, neatly write five adjectives that describe your person.
- On each sleeve, neatly write a short quote from your person.
- In the center of the front of the t-shirt, draw in pencil the person and below your drawing write the person’s name, the date of his/her birth, and the date of his/her death (if he/she is dead). Be sure that your drawing is large and clear and that your writing is neat.
- On the back of the t-shirt, write what your person did to be famous. Remember to use a complete sentence and to write neatly.
- Your t-shirt will be graded on the following:
- Thoroughness and thoughtfulness
- Use of color
- Following instructions
- Personal Best
DO YOUR PERSONAL BEST AND REMEMBER NOT TO WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO PREPARE YOUR T-SHIRT OR YOUR CRITIQUE. MOST OF ALL, HAVE FUN!
Here is the Biography/Autobiography Project Grading Sheet.
Here are some Biography/Autobiography Book Projects.